Sunday, July 8, 2012

Comics, Movies, TV Shows, Costumes, NERDS!!! Comic-Con 2012!!!

My it has been a while but I come back less than a week before Comic-Con 2012 in beautiful, sunny San Diego. Last year was the dry run. 2011 was the first time I had ever been and with just a one day pass to whet my appetite there was no way I wouldn't be back. One year later, and here I am poised to make a return to a great city with beautiful summer weather where I'll be enjoying the convention and the night life because the weather isn't the only thing that's beautiful in San Diego. There is so much going on I'm not sure what I will make it to but if I have my way I'll spend a large portion of Friday in Ballroom 20. Three of my favorite shows will be having panels back-to-back-to-back. As Ballroom 20 is always the place for some of the most popular panels I'll probably have to get in line early:

10:00-11:00 Community: School is Back in Session— Joel McHale (The Soup), Gillian Jacobs (The Box), Danny Pudi (Chuck), Yvette Nicole Brown (Family Guy), and Alison Brie (Mad Men) from the hit Sony TV comedy have graduated to the Convention Center in advance of their fourth season. Join your favorite Greendale study group for a panel and Q&A to find out firsthand what surprises are in store for the show's return to NBC this fall.


11:15-12:15 Join the Revolution! Nickelodeon's Legend of Korra The cast and crew of Legend of Korra offer an in-depth discussion of Nickelodeon's hottest new series. Executive producer and creator team Bryan Konietzko andMike DiMartino (Avatar: The Last Airbender) are joined by co-executive producer Joaquim Dos Santos (Avatar: The Last Airbender) as they discuss the creative process that brought the first book in the Korra series to life. You'll also get to hear from your favorite characters as talented voice actors Janet Varney (Korra), David Faustino (Mako), P. J. Byrne (Bolin) andSeychelle Gabriel (Asami) will be featured on the panel and renowned voice directorAndrea Romano (Avatar: The Last Airbender) will direct the actors in a live performance from the series. And if you're extra nice, Mike and Bryan may even drop a hint or two about Book 2. So don't miss out! Moderated by Rich Magallanes, senior VP of current series for Nickelodeon.


12:30-1:30 Firefly 10-Year Anniversary Reunion— Calling all Browncoats to unite! It has been 10 years since the crew of the Serenity took flight in the now infamous show Firefly. Science Channel will reunite, for the first time ever, Captain Mal Reynolds and the crew from the ship. Join Joss WhedonNathan FillionAdam BaldwinGina TorresAlan TudykMorena BaccarinSean MaherSummer Glau, and many more for a trip down memory lane, some special surprises, and exclusive Science Channel giveaways. SHINY.




If you're into these shows (you should be) then this is an excellent 3.5 hours on a Friday. Community is such a fantastic show and it continues to improve and impress every season. If you've never checked it out and can only watch one or two episodes, the paintball episodes are always a big hit but my favorite would ahve to be Remedial Chaos Theory. Follow that up with Legend of Korra (hit the link for info, clips and full episodes) which has been a great follow up to the original Avatar series. It will be great to hear more about the upcoming season and see a LIVE PERFORMANCE from the voice actors themselves! Not an opportunity you get very often. Last, but not least, oh no not least at all . . . . (drum roll) . . . FIREFLY 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY REUNION!!! That just seems insane. The more I think about it the earlier I think I need to be in line for Ballroom 20. Check out the full list of panels and events at the Comic-Con Website. Jealous yet? I will post some pictures either during The Con or in one single post afterwards. Get psyched and if you are in the San Diego area, come down and check out the festivities. There are tons of events going on outside of the convention itself. Comic-Con has a habit of exploding all over the Gaslamp District that weekend. You'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment