Friday, February 25, 2011

Life goals, Batteries and ADD

I think, more difficult than obtaining a goal is figuring out what, exactly, is your goal.  I have some very broad goals in life, own my own business, get super rich and do whatever I want, travel the world, be happy.  Doesn't have to be exactly in that order, if I could be happy the entire time that would be great, but you get the picture.  Ultimately I would truly like to leave an indelibly excellent mark on the world.  Maybe I could solve global warming or fix starvation in a country.  That would be spectacular.  I'd truly like to make an everlasting impact on the world in a positive way (As everlasting as one human being can possibly be).  The thing about all of these goals is I don't know exactly how to get to that point.  I don't know what kind of business I want to start.  It would have to be something I'm passionate about or it wouldn't have any chance of succeeding.  It also needs the potential and ability to grow and be profitable or my dream of making tons of money is shot.  Money isn't all that important right?  Wrong.  All the stuff I want to do in life requires money.  WEIRD how it works like that.  I need a place to live, $, vehicle, $, food and water, $.  I like to go out and have a good time with friends, $$, and I love to travel and want to travel the world, $$$$$.  Sure, I could go places 1 or 2 at a time, but I want to enjoy these places while I'm young and have the energy to do all the fun stuff.  Right now I'm trying to work out a way to do the living and the traveling by hopefully being able to get a job in Europe.  I could travel around Europe without it having to be as expensive as it would be from the states, and eventually move back.

On a completely unrelated note: Somebody needs to make a serious breakthrough in battery technology.  My phone is awesome, my battery life sucks.  At the very least my phone should be able to go a solid day and a half with my constant checking of social networks and e-mail as well as web surfing.  This is pretty much bullshit.  Somebody do something NOW!!!!

Is there something I can do, other than getting a prescription, to help with ADD?  I'm pretty positive I have ADD, I would like to get checked out and most of the process would be covered by my medical insurance but the process is kind of ridiculous.  And the thing about the ridiculous process is, I have ADD so I keep forgetting or get side tracked whenever I start to initiate the process.  Also bullshit.

UPDATE: Someone told me something a short while after I made this post: "Focus on what you want to learn, not what you want to be."  Seems to make sense.  I suppose if I just focus on what I want to learn and what I love it may lead to in the right direction for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment