Saturday, February 26, 2011
Starving for Hip-Hop
It's been quite a while since the last time I've found a hip-hop artist to be excited about. I have a wide range of musical interest but hip-hop is one of my absolute favorites. I'm talking about Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Lupe Fiasco, Digable Planets, Da Bush Babees, Aesop Rock, Blackalicious and many more. Look up any and all of those people. Excellent artists. Da Bush Babees album Gravity is one of my all time favorite albums and I listen to it often. The last artist I heard and became excited about is a guy named Random aka Mega-Ran. He uses a lot of 8-Bit samples in the tracks and raps about nerdy stuff. I can relate to that. Check him out if you haven't heard of him, http://megaran.com/, he has a lot of excellent music. On top of that, I ran into him a few times and he's a cool guy so I definitely give him props when I can. I'll have to look a little harder for the hip-hop. The thing I'm most excited about currently? Baseball is BACK! Yes it's spring training, but I love spring training.
Labels:
Baseball,
Hip-Hop,
Spring Training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment