If you've read some of my previous posts I've spoken of some bad experiences with women. Based on previous experiences, I'm certainly much more discerning (read: picky) about who I date and I haven't been interested in a relationship with anybody I've met in my current city even though I've been here for several years. That all changed, at least for the week (timeline not of my choosing).
Update: Thursday - A few beers and some perspective certainly helps. Still sucks but not as much as it did Monday. This situation mixed with work and the mediocrity of the rest of my current social life have combined to make this week crappy. I'm still fighting to salvage what I can from this week and I believe I have a good shot at an upturn tomorrow. Stay tuned.
Last weekend I met some friends out and I was introduced to someone I'd never met or heard about before. A girl who immediately struck me as fun and attractive. I happen to like fun and attractive. In the midst of hanging out in the group we talked to each other quite a bit, had an excellent time and she gave me her number (before I could even ask) and told me we should hang out. And then she told me she's moving out of state in a couple weeks. I thought, "Alright, we'll hang out anyway. Might as well have a good time while she's here." We had dinner a couple nights, drinks on several occasions and before I knew it the week was gone and so was she. We had such a great time but the timing was incredibly poor.
I'm disappointed in the situation. Finally, there is a young woman who is intelligent, attractive, fun and many other things I value when dating, and she is moving far, far away. It just plain sucks. I suppose I should be encouraged knowing that there are still women out there who meet (in this case, exceeds by a large margin) my standards and desires for someone I'd like to date. Fun while it lasted. Now back to the regularly scheduled programming.
Update:
Monday - Seriously, this fucking sucks. If I were a bettin man, I'd put a lot of money on "Never going to see her again"Update: Thursday - A few beers and some perspective certainly helps. Still sucks but not as much as it did Monday. This situation mixed with work and the mediocrity of the rest of my current social life have combined to make this week crappy. I'm still fighting to salvage what I can from this week and I believe I have a good shot at an upturn tomorrow. Stay tuned.

No comments:
Post a Comment